- #swh-devel: public development discussions
- #swh-team: private discussions of the core team
- #swh-sysadm: operations team discussions/bots
- #softwareheritage: general discussions about the project (currently unused)
- #swh: ditto, in case we end up preferring the short version
If you use IRC, consider joining the channels.
If you don't use IRC directly, you can still join our chat channels from your web browser via a Matrix bridge by clicking on the channel names in the list above. You will be asked to create a Element account if you don't have one yet.
You should register their nick with NickServ using:
/nick <USERNAME> /msg nickserv register <PASSWORD> <EMAIL>
You will then receive an e-mail containing a link to activate you account. After doing so, you need to configure your client to auto-authenticate. The recommanded way of doing that is using SASL authentication.
/set irc.server.freenode.sasl_username <USERNAME> /set irc.server.freenode.sasl_password <PASSWORD>
Freenode also supports authentication via TLS client certificates.
IRC access list
To auto-voice people with a registered nick (only doable by people with +fA access modes will be able to do it), add them to the channel access list:
/msg chanserv access #swh-devel add zack +V