Software catalogs are used to capture data about software. Most use a metadata schema or a software ontology to do so.
List of Software catalogs
- The Free Software Directory FSF's (Free Software Foundation) catalog of free software.
- Ontosoft - geosciences software.
- SwMATH- math software, swMath article
- libraries.io- keeps track of open source libraries, modules and frameworks.
- FreeCode read only copy of the old Freshmeat project, apparently converted in DOAP sometimes in 2007
- Plume/Fenix hundreds of descriptions of software used in research in France
- distrowatch first published in 2001, keeps track of linux distributions and open source packages.
- freshfoss providing updates on free and open source software.