Software Heritage identifiers
Software Heritage Identifiers, or SWHIDs for short, are persistent intrinsic identifiers used to reference objects stored in the Software Heritage Archive.
The syntax and semantics of SWHIDs can be found in SWHID specification.
SWHIDs are used in a number of different technologies and standards, such as:
- the Software Heritage archive, via its Web user interface and API
- swh identify command line tool (by Software Heritage), available from PyPI package swh.model
- identifiers.org resolved (prefix "swh"
- Name-to-Things (N2T) resolver
- Software Package Data Exchange (SPDX) standard, starting from version 2.2
- Jupyter binderhub will soon allow to (re)create a Jupyter notebook computing environment from a SWHID via  and 
- Wikidata property P6138