Collaborations intended to harmonize the chaos regarding metadata and linked data about Software.
List of initiatives and contacts
- Software Preservation Network (SPN) - Metadata Standards and Policies working group- Katherine Thornton and Elizabeth Roke
- AboutCode- discover and uncover data about software code. A nexB project. - Philippe Ombredanne
Issues for discussion
- In the effort of harmonizing metadata :
- should we strive to contain all domains, every use case and every exception?
- should we keep only the vital minimum for citation and search?
- Terminology : What is Software ?
- distinguishing between a software entity and a software project
- distinguishing between software "object"(executable) and software source code
- different versions form one software entity?