- #softwareheritage: general discussions about the project (currently unused)
- #swh: ditto, in case we end up preferring the short version
- #swh-devel: public development discussions
- #swh-team: private discussions of the core team
- #swh-sysadm: operations team discussions/bots
If you do IRC, consider joining the channels.
You should register their nick with NickServ using:
/nick <USERNAME> /msg nickserv register <PASSWORD> <EMAIL>
You will then receive an e-mail containing a link to activate you account. After doing so, you need to configure your client to auto-authenticate. The recommanded way of doing that is using SASL authentication.
/set irc.server.freenode.sasl_username <USERNAME> /set irc.server.freenode.sasl_password <PASSWORD>
Freenode also supports authentication via TLS client certificates.
IRC access list
To auto-voice people with a registered nick (only doable by people with +fA access modes will be able to do it), add them to the channel access list:
/msg chanserv access #swh-devel add zack +V